Director of Acquisition Marketing and E-commerce
Bootstrap Brands is a portfolio of fun, interesting consumer brands that is growing aggressively. We are looking for an experienced, driven, collaborative, and resourceful Director of Acquisition Marketing and E-commerce to join our growing company in Hillsborough, NC.
Reporting to the CEO and being a member of the leadership team, you will play a critical role in setting the overall marketing strategy, building brand awareness through multiple channels, and driving revenue.
Overall, you will have the opportunity to:
- Own both digital and broadcast acquisition channels
- Own and manage e-commerce across owned websites and third-party marketplaces (e.g. Amazon, Walmart.com)
- Develop innovative ideas and strategies to help us meet growth targets
- Drive existing channels and expand into new ones
- Lead website optimization and creative testing to better understand customer behavior, identify trends, and pursue new opportunities for growth
- Manage customer acquisition costs and determine the most efficient ways to acquire high quality customers
- Manage both internal resources and external agencies to achieve your goals
You will be working on the following:
- Paid Search and Shopping on Google, Bing, and Yahoo
- Content marketing and increasing conversion from organic traffic
- Social (e.g. Facebook, Instagram) and other digital ad spend
- Acquisition email marketing (welcome series and abandon cart flows)
- Managing broadcast spend (e.g. TV, Radio, Podcast)
- A/B testing all channels and optimizing spend
- Understanding how our customers are navigating the website and A/B testing changes to increase conversion and revenue
Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years of acquisition marketing experience with a proven track record of success
- Deep understanding of paid digital channels and tactics to drive revenue growth
- Data-driven mindset with strong analytical abilities
- Creative thinker who can bring innovative ideas to our marketing strategy
- A "doer", who will take initiative and execute efficiently, hitting deadlines
- Enthusiasm for working collaboratively
- Ability to prioritize and delegate, but also willing to “roll up your sleeves” and get stuff done
- Aggressive attitude towards ongoing testing and optimization
- Track record of effectively managing agencies and other external resources
Our ideal candidate will embrace and embody our “Bootstrapper” entrepreneurial spirit:
- Fun. We love what we do and are constantly striving to do better, but we don’t take it (or ourselves) too seriously.
- No Ego. We are honest, direct, and respectful in our communications — both internal and external — and we are open to constructive feedback and new ideas.
- Initiative. We each have a strong internal drive and don’t accept the status quo. By taking ownership of our work, we are continually looking for ways to improve our business.
- Can-Do Spirit. We relish the challenge, and each obstacle is an opportunity to learn and grow. Instead of spotting problems, we come up with solutions.
- Follow-Through. We do what we say, and we say what we do. We trust each other to deliver high-quality, on-time work, which allows us to focus more on what matters.
- Creative Problem-Solving. We explore all the avenues available to us, and believe every idea has merit. With persistence and a creative mindset, we will find the answers we need.