Happy Wax is a values-driven e-commerce brand that offers fun, unforgettable fragrances made from natural ingredients.
We’re looking for a growth marketer – someone who thinks big but tests small – to help Happy Wax…umm…grow *wink*
If you read the following statements and are like, “wait, that’s totally me!”, we should talk!
How You Think and Act
- Break it down! You apply logical thinking to break down complex issues into manageable components. Easier said than done, right?
- Data is life. You live and breathe data, and you use it to make informed decisions (i.e. you understand how to answer “so what?”)
- What if...? You’re open-minded and creative. You actively pursue new ways to grow and see problems as opportunities
- Eye of the storm. You devise clear, structured methods for generating and prioritizing ideas in a fast-paced, shifting environment
- Looking good! You’re opinionated about creative. While you may not be a “creative” yourself, you know if something looks good and can give feedback to help make it look better
- Can we move faster? You’re a little impatient. You love to push for growth and want to make it happen
- Chase the feeling. You love the satisfaction of seeing something work and are motivated to find that next hit
*You should also have at least one year of direct growth marketing experience at a smaller (<$50M revenue) D2C consumer company
What you'll be doing
You'll evaluate the entire customer journey, looking for any and all opportunities to drive growth through improving acquisition and retention. You will then implement quick, data-driven tweaks to win new customers and retain those we already have.
On a day-to-day basis, that includes things like:
- A/B testing across consumer touchpoints (website, email, SMS, paid social, etc.)
- Managing paid search and social acquisition channels
- Updating creative copy
- Optimizing email and SMS flows
- Building out referral programs
- Testing incremental updates to impact the overall funnel
- Creating reports for key stakeholders
A little about us
We believe in the power of fragrance…to uplift, inspire, comfort…to make any moment a little more special. All our wax melts and candles are made by us in the US from high quality, natural ingredients and provide strong, lasting fragrance.
Our ideal candidate will embrace and embody our entrepreneurial spirit:
- Growth Mindset. We approach every day with an open mind and a desire to learn. That curiosity and striving for continuous improvement are what fuel our company’s growth. And that growth, in turn, provides exciting new opportunities and challenges.
- No Ego. We are honest, direct, and respectful in all our communications — both internal and external — and we are open to constructive feedback and new ideas. We work together as a team to put our collective success first.
- Initiative. We each have a strong internal drive and don’t accept the status quo. By taking ownership of our work, we continually look for proactive ways to improve our business.
- Grit. We have a scrappy, startup mindset. Our eyes are on the prize, and we’ll stay the course to reach it. And when things shift quickly, as they tend to do, we are resilient and ready for the next challenge. Through teamwork and hard work, we accomplish our goals.
- Perspective. We value what makes each of us unique. Diversity — of viewpoints, interests, skills, experiences, backgrounds, beliefs, ethnicity, gender, age, and sexual orientation — enriches our shared experience and generates better outcomes.
- Health insurance
- 3 weeks paid vacation + 8 paid holidays
Job Type: Full-time, Remote